April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month, an annual campaign to raise awareness about sexual assault and educate communities and individuals on how to prevent sexual violence. Inspired by an idea from Michael Starkey, the Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at Davis Monthan Air Base, students in several Sexual Risk Avoidance programs painted rocks. Painting the rocks teal and with inspirational sayings and leaving them on campus served to create awareness among…Read More
Teen Outreach Program
Wyman’s Teen Outreach
Wyman’s Teen Outreach Program acknowledges that adolescence is a time of rapid change and growth physically, mentally, emotionally and socially. This program aims to help teen improve social and emotional learning, support a positive sense of self, strengthen connections to others, improve academic outcomes, decrease risky behavior, and build life skills.
Each program participant (ages 11-19) must complete a certain amount of Community Service-Learning Project hours that develop a concept of the importance of togetherness and helping others. Each lesson covers each of the multiple learning strategies to ensure every participant is taught in their own style of learning.
Wyman's Teen Outreach ProgramOffered at group homes, schools, and community center settings
- Offered over a 32 week period- students see the same instructors throughout the school year
- 100% of youth surveyed reported they learned new life skills
- Currently offered at Vision Quest Group Homes, Utterback Middle School, Hasan Preparatory and Leadership School, and Calabasas School
- 95% felt they helped make a positive difference in the lives of others through their community service learning projects
- Participants are aged 11-19, 6th-12th grades
- The Teen Outreach program serves over 155 youth per year
- Program funded by a grant from Arizona Department of Health Services
- Wake Up!
- Mental Health First Aid
- Marana Prevention Alliance (MPA)
- Love Notes
- Teen Maze
- Botvin’s Life Skills
- Wyman’s Teen Outreach
- Summer Leadership Institute
- Choosing the Best
- Starting Out Right Curriculum
- Stronger Families Project
For more Information about Arizona Youth Partnership and our programs or opportunities to volunteer please contact your nearest location, or please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Real StoriesTestimonials from just a few of our valuable program participants, educators, and community members.
Participants of the Teen Outreach Program (TOP) at a group home is always very appreciated by the participants. They are used to having people come and go in their lives, but every week for one hour, for 32 weeks, they are guaranteed to have the TOP Club. One participant shared, "I'm really grateful for the TOP club and I always looks forward to it every week. I love how open…Read More
Would you like to bring this program to your community?Let Us Know