40 TOP (Teen Outreach) club participants at AmeriSchools Academy in Pima County conducted a food drive over the 2019 holiday season. Together, they raised over 500 pounds of canned food. A portion of the canned foods were donated to families within the school, while the other 268 pounds were donated to the local food bank. The donation was so heavy, the food bank needed a forklift to transport it all!…Read More
Teen Outreach Program
Wyman’s Teen Outreach
Wyman’s Teen Outreach Program acknowledges that adolescence is a time of rapid change and growth physically, mentally, emotionally and socially. This program aims to help teen improve social and emotional learning, support a positive sense of self, strengthen connections to others, improve academic outcomes, decrease risky behavior, and build life skills.
Each program participant (ages 11-19) must complete a certain amount of Community Service-Learning Project hours that develop a concept of the importance of togetherness and helping others. Each lesson covers each of the multiple learning strategies to ensure every participant is taught in their own style of learning.
Wyman's Teen Outreach ProgramOffered at group homes, schools, and community center settings
- Offered over a 32 week period- students see the same instructors throughout the school year
- 100% of youth surveyed reported they learned new life skills
- Currently offered at Vision Quest Group Homes, Utterback Middle School, Hasan Preparatory and Leadership School, and Calabasas School
- 95% felt they helped make a positive difference in the lives of others through their community service learning projects
- Participants are aged 11-19, 6th-12th grades
- The Teen Outreach program serves over 155 youth per year
- Program funded by a grant from Arizona Department of Health Services
- COVID-19 Resource Page
- Too Good For Drugs
- Starting Out Right for Homeless Parenting Youth Program
- Wake Up!
- Mental Health First Aid
- Marana Prevention Alliance (MPA)
- Teen Maze
- Botvin’s Life Skills
- Wyman’s Teen Outreach
- Summer Leadership Institute
- Choosing the Best
- Starting Out Right Curriculum
- Stronger Families Project
For more Information about Arizona Youth Partnership and our programs or opportunities to volunteer please contact your nearest location, or please send us an email to email@example.com
Real StoriesTestimonials from just a few of our valuable program participants, educators, and community members.
Utterback Middle Girls PE classes are participating in the 32 week Wyman Teen Outreach Program (TOP Club) As part of a lesson on bullying prevention, approximately 75 students created their own posters to hang around the campus. The object of the posters was to be a friendly reminder that their school is a No Bully Zone! I'm glad we are talking about bullying this year! 12 year old participantRead More
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month, an annual campaign to raise awareness about sexual assault and educate communities and individuals on how to prevent sexual violence. Inspired by an idea from Michael Starkey, the Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at Davis Monthan Air Base, students in several Sexual Risk Avoidance programs painted rocks. Painting the rocks teal and with inspirational sayings and leaving them on campus served to create awareness among…Read More
Participants of the Teen Outreach Program (TOP) at a group home is always very appreciated by the participants. They are used to having people come and go in their lives, but every week for one hour, for 32 weeks, they are guaranteed to have the TOP Club. One participant shared, "I'm really grateful for the TOP club and I always looks forward to it every week. I love how open…Read More
Would you like to bring this program to your community?Let Us Know