Positive Parenting Program
The Triple P – Positive Parenting Program ® is a parenting and family support system designed to prevent – as well as treat – behavioral and emotional problems in children and teenagers. It aims to prevent problems in the family, school and community before they arise and to create family environments that encourage children to realize their potential.
Triple P draws on social learning, cognitive behavioral and developmental theory as well as research into risk factors associated with the development of social and behavioral problems in children. It aims to equip parents with the skills and confidence they need to be self-sufficient and to be able to manage family issues without ongoing support.
And while it is almost universally successful in improving behavioral problems, more than half of Triple P’s 17 parenting strategies focus on developing positive relationships, attitudes and conduct.
Triple P is delivered to parents of children up to 12 years, with Teen Triple P for parents of 12 to 16 year olds.
Benefits of Triple P
- Can be tailored to all ages of children, from babies to teenagers
- Multi level system can be delivered to different types of families and family dynamics
- Evidence based approach to learning and outcomes
- Work with many different cultures and ethnicities
- Available in Spanish and English
- Has been shown to reduce costs associated with conduct disorder, child abuse, and out-of-home placement
LocationsAvailable in these communities
For more Information about Arizona Youth Partnership and our programs or opportunities to volunteer please contact your nearest location, or please send us an email to email@example.com
Would you like to bring this program to your community?Let Us Know