The 6-8th grade program is about taking students from where they are to their potential academically and socially. Our school is focused on academics for students who need additional support.
At Open Doors, students receive the individualized instruction that they wouldn’t receive in a larger school setting. The program works well for a variety of students:
• Small class and small number of youth per grade
• Teacher’s aide support
• Laptops for each student to use in class
• Individual accommodations for each student
• Hands-on activities and experiments with STEM projects
• Individual and group counseling
• Reading support by a highly certified Reading Interventionist.
• Special education services (for students who qualify)
Progress monitoring and assessment provide the teachers with the data that they need to maximize student performance. Our teachers have created a safe, respectful environment in which everyone feels safe and supported. We work with programs including: iReady curriculum for ELA and Math, IXL, Quill, and Reflex Math.