Arizona Youth Partnership is currently accepting applications for a respite staff person to work at The Lighthouse (runaway and homeless youth shelter) in Prescott Valley, AZ. Qualified candidates will provide supervision, guidance and practical assistance to five (5) runaway/homeless male youth ages 12-17 in a group home setting. Hours are typically Friday at 4pm through Sunday at 8pm, with 6 hours sleeping time allotted.
The Respite Youth Development Coordinator is responsible for the daily operation of the center which includes: preparing meals, transporting children to community activities, counseling, court and doctor appointments. Additionally, the qualified candidate will provide general case management, healthy living training and teach positive life skills, hygiene, and other relationship skills. Modeling a healthy lifestyle is essential.
- Complies with all expectations outlined in agency policies, licensing guidelines, contract deliverables and directives from supervisors
- Provide practical guidance, supervision and support to 5 runaway and homeless youth aged 12-17
- Promote a “Team” environment and participate in collaborative problem solving
- Ensures participants’ health, safety and welfare including medication administration as needed
- Build and maintain staff/participant relationships with appropriate boundaries
- Participates in the development, implementation, documentation and follow up of participants goals
- Advocates for participants to ensure most appropriate education, employment and recreation activities.
- Encourages Positive Youth Development and encourages participants to be involved in the community and fosters participant self-advocacy
- Work with House Manager to schedule for House Manager respite time
- Schedule counseling for youth in the house with in-house counselor as needed
- Promote the development and maintenance of the program.
- Transport Youth to appointments, school or other commitments as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma and one (1) year experience in working with youth in employment or volunteer capacity.
- Experience working with youth in group settings and/or post high school education in related field
- Creative, flexible, team player
- 21 years of age or older
- Fingerprint and background clearance.
- CPR/First Aid
- Physical Exam and TB test with negative results
- Participation in orientation and training as required by AZYP
- AZ Drivers License and reliable transportation
- Automobile Insurance with the liability amounts of $100,000/$300,000
- Ability to pass required drug testing
|Title||Youth Development Coordinator – Respite Weekends|
|Hours||Full time – 40 hours per week, Friday at 4pm through Sunday at 8pm|
|Supervised By||Program Director|
|Salary||$12.15 per hour|
To apply, please fill out the downloadable application above and upload below along with your resume.