The Prevention Specialist is responsible for school-based prevention strategies in each of the three (3) communities of Bullhead City, Kingman, and Lake Havasu City and the administrative support to the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
Collaborate with each of the Prevention Coordinators (Kingman, Bullhead City, and Lake Havasu City) to assure training in school-based Evidence Based Programming as chosen by the community coalition.
· Coordinate with the PFS Evaluator to ensure all evaluation tools are delivered to the community before and after each EBP.
· Attend coalition meetings to represent EBPs and school-based initiatives in each of the communities.
· Collaborate with Prevention Coordinators to engage the Youth Coalitions and Youth Membership in planning for school-based programming.
· Deliver evidence-based programming in collaboration with Prevention Coordinator
· Identify best practice methodologies best suited for use in Mohave County substance use prevention efforts.
· Assist in prevention messaging, as directed per each community’s Strategic Prevention Plan, and ensure dissemination of these messages and strategies to target audiences.
· Coordinate school-based prevention activities partner schools.
· Utilize and share effective resources with the Prevention Technology Transfer Centers (PTTCs) to enhance the wide dissemination and adoptions of best practices in substance abuse prevention
· Collect all performance measure data from Prevention Coordinators for delivery to SPARS and Project Director
· Complete all fund source and AZYP reporting requirements.
· Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of actions and outcomes for all funding streams.
· Represent AZYP at public events, as directed, to promote prevention efforts.
· Participate in trainings as required by funder or AZYP
· Other duties as assigned by the Project Director.
· 2 years’ experience working with diverse groups of people in community settings and school-based settings OR Bachelor’s Degree in related field + two years related experience.
· Public speaking experience.
· Knowledge of Mohave County, Prevention, and alcohol use and abuse by youth and young adults.
· Excellent presentation, oral, written communication & computer skills; knowledge of Word, Excel, Publisher
- Level I Fingerprint Clearance Card
- 21+ years of age
- Physical Exam and TB test with negative results
- CPR/First Aid
- Participation in orientation and training as required by AzYP
- Arizona Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Auto Insurance of $100,000 and $300,000
|HOURS||Full Time 40 hours a week (8am-4:30 pm, some weekends and evenings as needed|
|SUPERVISED BY||Director of Community Inititive|
|FUNDED BY||SAMHSA- PFS Impact|
|EST. SALARY||$16.00/hr + Excellent benefits|
To apply, fill out the application and upload below.