Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop and facilitate prevention coalition meetings and support membership in Mohave County prevention efforts in Bullhead City, Kingman, and/or Lake Havasu City.
· Identify, collect and report community-level data, as directed by the Epidemiologist and PFS Project Director, to determine progress toward addressing SPF-PFS prevention priorities.
· Coordinate with the PFS Evaluator to ensure all evaluation tools are developed and tested and activities within the evaluation plan are implemented in accordance with the Evaluation Plan and Project Timeline.
· Facilitate prevention coalition meetings to identify problems and causal factors for community substance use; identify existing prevention and intervention resources, and develop strategies in program, practice and policy to prevent onset and reduce progression of substance abuse and its related problems.
· Identify best practice methodologies best suited for use in Mohave County substance use prevention efforts.
· Identify and address the technical assistance and training needs of Mohave County prevention coalitions in implementing best practice methodologies.
· Coordinate the implementation of a comprehensive prevention approach in each tri-city community, including a mix of evidence-based programs, policies, and/or practices that best address the selected prevention priorities.
· Develop prevention messaging, as directed per each community’s Strategic Prevention Plan, and ensure dissemination of these messages and strategies to target audiences.
· Coordinate school-based prevention activities with the AzYP Prevention Specialist and partner schools.
· Utilize and share effective resources with the Prevention Technology Transfer Centers (PTTCs) to enhance the wide dissemination and adoptions of best practices in substance abuse prevention
· Manage action plans and public events for the coalitions each year. Complete all fund source and AZYP reporting requirements.
· Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of actions and outcomes for all funding streams.
· Represent AzYP at public events, as directed, to promote prevention efforts.
· Support the identification and development of additional funding resources for prevention work in Mohave County.
· Other duties as assigned by the Coordinator or Project Director.
· 3-5 years experience working with diverse groups of people in community settings AND/OR Bachelor’s Degree in related field + two years related experience.
· Public speaking experience.
· Knowledge of Mohave County, Prevention, and alcohol use and abuse by youth and young adults.
· Excellent presentation, oral, written communication & computer skills; knowledge of Word, Excel, Publisher
- Level I Fingerprint Clearance Card
- 21+ years of age
- Physical Exam and TB test with negative results
- CPR/First Aid
- Participation in orientation and training as required by AzYP
- Arizona Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Auto Insurance of $100,000 and $300,000
|HOURS||Full Time 40 hours a week (8am-4:30 pm, some weekends and evenings as needed|
|SUPERVISED BY||Director of Community Inititive|
|FUNDED BY||SAMHSA- PFS Impact|
|EST. SALARY||$16.00/hr + Excellent benefits|
To apply please fill out the application and upload below