Prescott Valley, AZ
Arizona Youth Partnership is currently accepting applications for a live-in House Manager to work at Basic Center Program (runaway and homeless youth shelter) in Prescott Valley, AZ. Qualified candidates will provide supervision, guidance and practical assistance to five (5) runaway/homeless male youth ages 12-17 in a group home setting. Room and board provided with a separate master bedroom and bath in the home. This is a demanding, 24/7 position. Time off includes three (3) 8 hour daytime shifts and Fifty two (52) continuous (Friday at 4pm to Sunday at 8 pm) hours off each week.
The Live-In House Manager is responsible for the daily operation of the center which includes: preparing meals, transporting children to school, community activities, counseling and doctor appointments, and budget management. Additionally, the qualified candidate will provide general case management, healthy living training and teach positive life skills, hygiene, and other relationship skills. Modeling a healthy lifestyle is essential.
- Complies with all expectations outlined in agency policies, licensing guidelines, contract deliverables, cooperate with agency inspections and audits and directives from supervisors.
- Create a “Team” environment and participate in collaborative problem solving
- Ensures participants’ health, safety and welfare including medication administration and routine medical follow up.
- Build and maintain staff/participant relationships with appropriate boundaries
- Participates in the development, implementation, documentation and follow up of participants goals
- Advocates for participants to ensure most appropriate education, employment and recreation activities.
- Collaborates on case management for each youth including safe and appropriate placement after 21-day program period
- Manage spending and daily expenses within budget for Basic Center
- Provides level of service in accordance with agency periodic service review and quality assurance programs
- Create and manage drop in services to support Basic Center
- Encourages Positive Youth Development and encourages participants to be involved in the community and fosters participant self-advocacy
- Maintains detailed and accurate documentation on all aspects of job expectations with in appropriate time frames
- Ensures Basic Center and it its components (i.e.: van, grounds, etc.) are maintained to agency standards at all times
- Schedule counseling for youth in the house with counselors or behavioral health when appropriate
- Participate in agency-sponsored and community events when appropriate
- All other duties as assigned
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills that encourage a pro-active approach
- High School Diploma or General Education Equivalency
- At least 6 months paid child care or related experience; or post-high school education in social work or a related field
- Knowledge of rural communities.
- Knowledge of ATOD, Prevention and/or Community Development theories.
- Knowledge of strategies supportive of positive youth development and trauma informed approaches
- Direct service experience and experience working with, and linking youth, to clinical services.
- Experience providing outreach education to local and state stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Level I Fingerprint Clearance Card
- 21+ years of age
- Physical Exam and TB test with negative results
- CPR/First Aid
- Participation in orientation and training as required by AzYP
- Arizona Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Auto Insurance of $100,000 and $300,000
|TITLE||Live-in House Manager|
|HOURS||Live-in (24/7 position)|
|SUPERVISED BY||Shelter Program Manager|
|EST. SALARY||$30,000/YEAR Plus room and board- benefits eligible|