The Coalition Coordinator is responsible for the development of funded substance abuse prevention coalitions in the Copper Corridor (Superior, Kearny, Hayden, Winkelman, Duddleyville, Aravipa, Mammoth, San Manuel, and Oracle). The goals of this coalition is to motivate key community members from different sectors (non-profit, government, business, parents, police departments, etc) to make changes in their communities to reduce youth substance use including alcohol, opioids/marijuana, other drugs. The coalition has an action plan and events to fulfil the goals of the program. This position requires an ability to manage several Action Plans while motivating coalition membership and increasing volunteer support. This position will provide support to exiting coalitions and build new coalitions. This position will be responsible for the collection of community surveys and completion of reports. This position will work between the AZYP Globe office and other locations within the Copper Corridor as required to accomplish objectives.
· Facilitate coalition meetings for The Copper Corridor Substance Abuse Coalition and support membership by recruiting and increasing actions of volunteers.
· Attend coalition meetings in the Copper Corridor (Superior, Kearny, Hayden, Winkelman, Duddleyville, Aravipa, Mammoth, San Manuel and Oracle) and support each coalition by recruiting and increasing actions of volunteers.
· Manage Action Plans.
· Develop relationships with key stakeholders to support the goals and objectives of the funded coalition.
· Assist the Community Initiatives Team Leader with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of actions and outcomes for all funded streams.
· Manage public events for the Copper Corridor area each year.
· Work with the Youth Coalition Coordinator in managing coalition actions plans and events.
· Attend public events or schedule staff to attend public events in the Copper Corridor area each year.
· Complete all fund source and AZYP reporting requirements.
· Attend AZYP staff meetings, fundraisers, and relevant committee meetings as assigned.
· Other duties as assigned by the Director of Community Initiatives or Executive Director.
· Positive, upbeat, friendly person who enjoys working with people
· 3-5 years equivalent experience working with diverse groups of people in community settings AND/OR Bachelor’s Degree in related field + two years related experience.
· Public speaking experience.
· Knowledge of Gila and Pinal Counties, Youth Development and alcohol use and abuse by youth and young adults.
· Excellent presentation, oral, written communication & computer skills; knowledge of Word, Excel, Publisher.
· Finger printing and Background Check; CPR/First Aid Certification (or able to complete)
· AZ Drivers License, reliable transportation, and ability to travel countywide and statewide.
· Automobile Insurance in the amount of $100,000/$300,000
|Hours||Full Time Monday-Friday 8am-4:30 pm (some weekends and evenings as needed)|
|Supervised By||Team Leader Community Initiatives, Northern AZ|
|Funded By||Drug- Free Communities Grant (SAMHSA)|
|Salary||DOE- $16.00-1800 per hour +Excellent Benefits|
To apply, please fill out the downloadable application above and upload below along with your resume.