Arizona Youth Partnership has an opening for a Case Manager/Health Educator for pregnant and parenting adolescents (up to age 22). This position will require group facilitation, one-on-one education, and home visitation throughout Maricopa County. Some evening and weekend hours may be required. In addition, the Case Manager/Health Educator will provide individualized care to homeless and near homeless participants through established Host Homes.
The Case Manager/Health Educator’s responsibilities will include:
- Recruit pregnant and parenting adolescents into program services
- Recruit host homes through outreach to community groups, faith communities, and personal relationships.
- Coordinate host home family trainings, facilitate monthly meetings
- Complete participant initial needs assessment, capture all necessary consent and confidentiality forms, locator form, and administer program pre and post-surveys
- Enroll clients in Pregnancy, Childbirth and Parenting classes; Facilitate group classes
- Conduct weekly face-to-face visits to provide parenting education and life skills classes, resource referrals, education and employment support to host home teens.
- Collect and report on all data as required by funding source and directed by Supervisor Execute and/or provide support for regional special events and support groups
- Maintain a commitment to the teens’ and children’s health, safety, and welfare.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills that encourage a pro-active approach
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field + two years related experience OR 3-5 years’ experience working with youth or homeless populations
- Direct service experience and experience working with, and linking youth, to clinical services.
- Experience providing outreach education to local and state stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Maricopa County including community groups working with pregnant and parenting teens/homeless teens.
- Knowledge of strategies supportive of positive youth development.
- Excellent presentation, oral, written communication & computer skills
- Finger printing and Background Check; CPR/First Aid Certification.
- AZ Drivers License, reliable transportation, and ability to travel countywide and statewide.
- Automobile Insurance in the amount of $100,000/$300,000
|Title||Case Manager/Health Educator|
|Hours||Full time – 40 hrs per week (some weekends and evenings as needed)|
|Supervised By||MGH Program Manager|
|Salary||$16.00 per hour|
To apply, please fill out the downloadable application above and upload below along with your resume.