Perform accounting and clerical tasks for accurate and timely keeping of AZYP’s books and having responsibility for or assisting with cash management, A/R, A/P, and GL.
- Responsibility for all aspects of A/P
- Responsible for accurate posting and classification of payables in the accounting system including employee reimbursements and credit card charges
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual invoices, submit reimbursement requests to Federal, State, and local funding agencies and prepare reports as required by each fund source for contract compliance
- Responsible for research of vendor statements and discrepancies for resolution
- Process and place organization purchase orders as required
- Oversee/maintain files of invoices, and disbursements
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements that include a balance sheet, income statement, and budget variance report
- Annually, assist in preparation of audit materials for AZYP’s auditor
- Organize and maintain financial records related to fund sources/grants
- Complete correspondence as needed in areas related to finance
- Other tasks as assigned by the CFO
- Must have accounting education, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3 years non profit accounting experience preferred
- Proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles – cost allocations, and fund accounting preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Quickbooks
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines
- Proficient in data entry
- Organized, flexible, creative, and a team player
- Must have initiative and be an independent worker
- Fingerprint and background clearance.
- CPR/First Aid certification.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License and ability to travel with overnight stays on occasion (up to 1-week trips (M-F) as many as 4 trips during a year).
- Automobile Insurance in the amount of $100,000/$300,000
|Hours||32 Hours per week|
|Supervised by||Chief Financial Officer|
|Rate of Pay||$18-20 per hour DOE (Benefit Eligible)|